Thursday, February 2, 2012

Groundhog Day 2012

Baby C was due to arrive on February 1, 2012. We'd been counting down and hoping for her arrival that day since it seems like such a lovely birthday. When I had contractions late that night we grabbed our overnight bag for the hospital and prepared for a Groundhog Day (Feb. 2) birth. (I didn't like the idea of a Groundhog Day birthday since it is the lamest of all the holidays, but when I found out it is Shakira's birthday I decided it would be ok.)

Here I am early (early) the morning of February 2. Feeling pumped to have a baby!

Note the clock- we arrived at the hospital at 4:30 AM.


At 6:00 AM, we were sent home. Leaving me looking and feeling like this:

We got drive thru McDonalds breakfast and went home to sleep! My mom joined us for my appointment at 10:30. My midwife was very nice about my false alarm ("You only called a little before I had to be awake anyway") even though I was so embarrassed. She predicted Baby C's birth to happen tonight or tomorrow. If not, I now have an induction scheduled for the morning of Wednesday, February 8, when I will be 41 weeks (I call that "well done").

I tried to encourage some action at Target later by engaging in some rigorous exercise:


Even after defying physics, I am still babyless at 11:00 pm. Maybe tomorrow I'll try a trampoline.

No comments:

Post a Comment