Saturday, July 12, 2014

Katie and Derek's Wedding

Last weekend, I had the privilege of being the matron of honor in my dear friend Katie's wedding. Cate was her flower girl, too! Katie has had a whirlwind, multi-state romance! She and her husband, Derek, were both working in Arkansas and met at a concert there. They both happened to have attended school in Utah for their undergraduate degrees. I met Katie at the University of Utah, and we were pledge sisters in Kappa Kappa Gamma! Derek went to a different school.... Derek is from Utah, and Katie is from Pennsylvania. While they were dating, Derek accepted a new job in Seattle and moved. So they dated and planned their wedding from Arkansas, Utah, Pennsylvania, and Washington.

Katie was the most incredible bride. She is so, so talented. She made her wedding dress! And 5 bridesmaid dresses! She designed the invitations! She made the cake! And she took care of a million perfect, Pinterest-worthy, thoughtful details beautifully as well.

Katie and Derek were sealed in the Mount Timpanogos Temple on July 5, 2014, and had a beautiful reception in Alpine that night! Katie is the most patriotic woman I've ever met, so I love that this is her anniversary. Also, her wedding colors were light blue and red... Red for the Utes, and blue for Kappa. Not blue for another school.

And I know these pictures are mostly from Instagram, but that's what I have!

We had a bridesmaids' breakfast at my in-laws' house the morning of Katie's wedding. Then we all did our hair and makeup together. It was the most gorgeous day outside, and my in-laws have the most spectacular view of Park City. It was delightful!

Rae (another Kappa bridesmaid!) and I looking particularly cute!

Outside the temple. Woohoo!! 

Old friends!

Katie hugging her mom while Derek hugs his dad. I love this moment!

It was about a million degrees outside. 
Despite our best efforts, Cate got a sunburn from 4th of July festivities the day before, too. 

 Cate's flower girl dress was so special. 
Katie was a flower girl when she was 3 years old, and her mother made this dress for her.

Cecily and me hanging out outside the temple.

The garter toss! He threw it attached to that football. Unrelated- Katie and I attended the most recent Utah/BYU game together. Ask Derek who won that game!

 Cate's favorite part of the night was probably this popsicle. 
We made her change out of her flower girl dress before she could eat it! 

Here's a picture (stolen from Haley, thanks!) of Cate in her flower girl role during Katie and Derek's ring ceremony. She was PERFECT! So precious. Throw a handful of petals, take a few steps, repeat, just like we practiced. She ran out of petals about halfway down the aisle. She saved one petal in her hand, walked the rest of the way down the aisle, and meticulously placed it on the ground exactly where Katie would stand. I LOVE that she did that. I hope someone got it on video.

Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Kirkland! Lots of love!



2 comments:

  1. Seems to be a beautiful emotional wedding post. I am going to book one of the spacious LA event venues for art and craft exhibition of mu emporium soon. Will invite all my clients and guests formally. Refreshments and beverages are yet to be decided. My friend will be helping me in all party planning and organizations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, It really is incredibly fantastic and informative blog. Good to discover your site Very well article! I’m simply in love with it. Make your wedding dreamlike with Ibiza wedding planner and cherish those sweetest memories for your whole life.

    ReplyDelete